Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Confusing Fast Food

Ordering food can be a challenge when morons are involved; I mean when it's them taking the order.

What annoys me is that servers and fast food clerks CANNOT think outside the relentless franchise training they get.

Case in point:

Carls Jr. is one of my favorite fast food joints.  I go in on the weekend and order.

ME:  I will have a Bacon Western Cheeseburger.  Also, a large side of French Fries.  And a medium Iced Tea.

HER:  So you want a combo?

ME:  No...the Cheeseburger.  Side of large fries.  Medium Iced Tea.

HER:  Well you can do a combo.  That's a combo.

ME:  I don't want a combo.  I want just what I ordered.

HER:  But sir, you can get the sandwich, medium fries and the medium drink in a combo and save $0.79

ME:  Well, first I don't want medium fries, I want large.  Medium fries are in the combo you are trying to sell me.

HER:  Well, you can supersize it and it will still be cheaper.

THE LINE IS NOW GETTING LONGER.

ME:  Look, are you gonna serve me this or not.

HER:  Um...sure...I guess.

The Manager comes over when sees there is confusion.

MANAGER (to Clerk):  What is the trouble with the order?

HER:  Well he doesn't want a combo, but he wants everything that is IN a combo, but wants to order it separately.

MANAGER:  Sir, it's .79 cheaper to order a combo.

ME:  Well, as I explained, I don't want a combo like the one you have here - it has medium fries and I want large.  I love the fries here.

MANAGER (confused):  Well you can "Big Size" it.

ME:  Yeah, but I don't want a large drink with that "Big Size"combo. I want a medium drink.  The "Big Size" has a large drink.

BOTH IF THEM NOW CLEARLY CONFUSED.  THE MANAGER PUSHES ABOUT 37 BUTTONS ON THE REGISTER AND SHAKES HER HEAD.

MANAGER:  I never heard that one before.

ME:  Well, I like what I like...

What happened to the good days when you just ordered what you wanted, and not some numbered "meal deal"?

Idiots.

No comments:

Post a Comment