Sunday, December 12, 2010

"Enjoy"

Ok, I can't help it.

I know I promised to lay off the restaurant industry but I can't.

I was gonna write about this later on, but because it happened to me a few times last weekend,  I have to get it off my chest.

"Enjoy"

I am so fucking annoyed at all the servers in the Western World that use this idiotic word on a continual basis.

This all sound familiar? :

You order in a restaurant.

The server brings the plates to the table and puts them down.  Now comes the part that annoys me.  The server looks at everyone, puts a shit-eating grin on their face, extends their hands, nods their head, and then says:

"Enjoy"

OK.

First of all, fuck off.  Second, I don't need a minimum wage asshole telling me to "enjoy" anything.

What, I dressed up, drove to your restaurant, parked the car, had a few drinks and some conversation, ordered, and just before eating, your telling me to "enjoy?"  Thanks for the tip Dr. Phil.

Am I the asshole here?  I am out for an evening NOT enjoying?  Do I look so miserable that the server has pity on me, then reminds me to enjoy??

I have some really great advice for all you servers that say this:  put the plates down, make some eye contact in case someone is confused about their order, shut the fuck up, and then go look after your other tables.

We don't need you validating us to "enjoy" our food, as we came there for that very reason.

Oh, and while your at it, wipe that phony fucking smile off your face.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment